Saturday, 3 January 2009

Some serious crafting at last.

I have had a couple of proper crafty sessions and made my entries for the January challenges I am running on the Paper Dolls.
For the White and one colour swaps I made 2 tags, using my latest toy - my cuttlebug - and a few other bits and pieces.







For the Love Tag Swaps I decided to carry on using my new toy and made these 3 tags.






Finally my entry for the Big Challenge, which is to make a wall plaque featuring your favourite quote. My favourite has always been the Serenity Prayer so that had to be the centre piece for my plaque. I decided to have a messy play with my inks and stamps - I am still so new to this side of crafting and haven't a lot of confidence. I started playing with some cream card and Distress Inks in Shabby Shutter, Peeled Paint, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans. It took a while to get something I was reasonably happy with but still wasn't sure if it was all going to come together at the end. Added a couple of spritzes of Gold Tattered Angels Glimmer mist and a little Blonde Moments Sugar Pink Pigment, then decided enough was enough before I got too carried away. I stamped various flourishes onto the background using Versamark pad and emossed them using Bronze, Gold and Silver embossing powders - that got a bit tricky trying to mix the colours without actually running into each other. I then added the quote and nearly 100 crystals in pale green, lavender and pale blue. A lavender ribbon hanger and a quick run round the edge with my silver marker and it was done. It looks a lot better in real life, my photography still sucks.



Finally I had to make two pages for the Alphabet Technique Fat Book - it's K & L this month. So I decided on K for knitting and L for Light Box Embossing.









6 comments:

Andrea said...

great artwork Bee and the cuttlebugs fab isnt it x

Minxy said...

Great new assortment of work there Bee, love the ickle knitting needles on the fat page.

Joana24 said...

Hi Bee love the tags the layouts are gorgeous ,i see you have been having fun with the cuttlebug :) you will be wondering how you ever mange without one LOL

hugs
Joana

Wacky Jacky said...

Love the big challenge Bee - wish I could join in!! Excellent work as usual. xxx

Wacky Jacky said...

Ooops forgot to say I love your tags - they are great! xx

Anonymous said...

Love all your gorgeous creations Bee! xx