Another beautiful set of ribbons from Crafty Ribbons have arrived and I need to complete 2 projects with them for the challenge. My first card features the new stamps from Whiff of Joy and as the theme for these is summer they were perfect to use with the ribbons.

For my second card I used a cute little download from Cuddly Buddlys - the Bonjour stamp is actually from one of the Lofty stamp sets from Joanna Sheen. For this card I cut some butterflies from one of the ribbons and used a second ribbon down one side. A couple of the butterflies were mounted onto wires to add a fun element to the card.

My final project was a mask - I
LOVE masks so this was great fun. I gave the mask 3 coats of gesso to get a good base and then using different shades of pink and mauve ink pads I lightly coloured the mask. A touch of dark blue ink highlighted the tops of the eyes. I then embossed the whole thing using clear embossing powder. I stamped scrolls onto the mask using a versamark ink pad and silver/white embossing powder. Pink flowers were added above each eye and the bottom of the mask was embellished using large crystal stones and four lengths of Summer Fizz ribbon were added to both sides. A plume of mauve, pink and white feathers with a couple of pearl flower sprays finished off the right hand side and I then made a dangle of silver charms and pink pearls for the left hand side. My mask was complete.

2 comments:
beautiful artwork Bee x
lovely cards Bee and that mask is superb - thats 2 lots now that Ali should like!!! :)
Post a Comment