Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Shield and more - Update we won .....


Update on my post below - we won first prize, I am so darned chuffed, never won anything before. Thankfully the prize is a very rare Bad Taste Bear which the kids will be adding to their display cabinets - phew thought for a minute they might make me display it here. Picture of the prize is shown on my post of the 29th July. There are only 24 of these worldwide.


=========================


Crafters get lots of 'strange' requests and when my grown up kids decided to enter a Bad Taste Bear competition they asked me to make them a blank shield they could decorate. Well stupid here made a good job of it and out of the kindness of their hearts they decided I could do the complete thing (or was it that they thought good old mum, she'll do it?). Anyhow here it is in all it's 'glory' - the latin motto round the outside has it's English translation round the bottom and reads 'United we stand. United we eat.....one another' hence the crossed knife and fork. The bears were drawn freehand from actual models and then 'adjusted' to suit my needs. The finished shield stands 3feet tall and is 2 feet wide. If they win do I get the prize?? - definately not, I wouldn't have one of those revolting ornaments in my house.
































3 comments:

Wilma said...

most unusual commission Bee! but it has turned out really well:)

Claireabelle said...

Brilliant shield Bee and Im totally with you on the revolting bit!
x

Hels Sheridan said...

Bee, you made me LOL then...revolting ornaments...never seen nor heard of these before and I am firmly in your camp, they are yuk!!! Congrats on winning...I reckon that instead of the ornament Mum should get a big box of choccies, a HUGE bouquet and....a large bottle of Vino LOL Well done you xxx