Sunday, 11 October 2009

The reason why I really shouldn't buy...

....any more ribbons :o)

this is the newly arranged ribbon wall.  On the clips are narrow ribbons which are in colour groups - with the exception of the rings either end which are my newly aquired heart and bling ribbons.  In the scottie drawers are all my wider ribbons - and each drawer is rammed full.  I've wound the ribbons on to cards for ease use and minimal creasing.  The big boxes are part of my rubber stamp collection. The mini suitcase is crammed with 'special' ribbons - basically ones I didn't know where else to put them.


a closer view of my scottie drawers and yes the colours are in alphabetical order (I know thats a complete anorak trick) and the ribbons tied round the scotties' necks shows which colour is in which drawer - well I like them.



then of course there are the ribbon boxes that I decorated, they are full of narrow ribbons that I use for quick embellishments and again the colour of the box denotes the colour tone inside.  These sit on the shelf over my desk for easy use.

There are more, which I completely forgot about - there are several shoe boxes stuffed full of wools, cords, raffia etc, they live in the bottom of a wardrobe - hence they get forgotten and rarely see the light of day.

Do you think I need to join ribbons anonymous?  Is there any hope for me?  Am I diagnosed as a ribbon addict?

8 comments:

Claireabelle said...

oh Bee lol. Maybe you should open a haberdashery!!!! I love your scottie dogs too, they are fabulous!!! I have to say I am very jealous of your tidyness, my collection of ribbons are in a plastic bag hung from an old curtain tie back hook LOL
xx

crafty creations said...

Wow what an amazing array of colours and beautiful ribbons Bee. never seen so many in one place.

x Hilda

Marty said...

Kinda reminds me of my fabric stash. AND yesterday I went to JoAnn's and hit the Red Tag clearance racks-half price. Came home with a stack.

Ann said...

So organised & tidy Bee - like Claireabelle my ribbons & fibres are all over the place in bags :-((
Love the scottie dogs too - do think you need to take some advice from RA!!! (Ribbons Anonymous - he he) xx

Minxy said...

Oh Bee, i'm sat here laughing my ass off, your so funny.. and i though i had alot of ribbons with 2 9ltr really usefull boxes but now i feel a whole lot better.. and NO there is definatly no hope for you lol

shaz earl said...

Wow Bee what a lot of ribbons you have and so tidy and organised too... i'm ashamed to say mine are in 1 box and all tangled up.. maybe thats a job for me today xx

TinaB said...

Oh Bee that made me LOL xx

SpookysCraftyMess said...

i do believe your addicted to the ribbons, and although I luv your ickle scotties couldn't we have ickle westies, then you could have different tarten ribbons on them oooer it's catching on here I'm leaving before I need a jab against it.. hugs Bx