it's a mobile....
I saw a photo of a wreath made with these paper hearts and have to say I was not impressed but I could see potential. So I set to work and made 12 hearts (dead simple) and set them out on my desk in the shape of the wreath.
No!!!!!!!!!!! it quite simply didn't work, too big and not terribly substantial. So I took 4 hearts away - ah that's better but what do I do with the spare hearts - ping light bulb moment - make a second tier. But then it's not a wreath - it's a...........
............
............
mobile!!!!!
Well that sounded simple enough but the mechanics of joining the two tiers so that they hung straight was a bit thought provoking. But after looking at it from all angles I worked it out and worked out how to hang it. Now how to make it pretty and to get movement in it. Firstly I printed off 4 of my Tilda stamp images and then I flipped the images and printed 4 to go on the backs. Coloured and glittered them and fitted them to the centre of the mobile. It still needed something else so I cut and glittered 8 little butterflies and fixed them to the mobile using thin strips of acetate so that they looked as if they were flying and voila.......one mobile.
No comments:
Post a Comment