
I've wanted to try altering a childs board book for some time and decided to make this one for my friend Eleanor in New Zealand and feature her little grandson Jacob. I covered the pages using K & Co's Tommy's Toys stack and PaperMania's Cool Tones Inspirations stack. Inked all the edges with VersaMagic chalk inks in Night Sky and Hint of Pesto. I wanted the overall look to be boyish so kept my ribbons to burgundy, navy, sage green and gold.

I embellished the front cover with Jacob's name in chipboard letters and a My Hero chipboard plaque. 3 eyelets with knotted ribbons completed the front. I found I couldn't use thick embellishments inside as the book wouldn't close, so mounted photos on labels or direct onto the pages.

A few sayings and word embellishments were added just to break things up a bit.

I am quite pleased with the overall effect of the book which I think depicts the fact that Jacob is very much a boy, full of mischief and full of laughter.
A couple of little holders for hidden photos on tags, again bound with the ribbons.
Jacob is just like his daddy (Eleanor's son).

Lots of ribbon tags throughout the book and 3 more eyelets inside the bag cover with knotted ribbon.

I wanted to personalise the back cover with a message for Eleanor so stamped 2 nice sayings onto tags using Tim Holtz and Hero Arts stamps. My book is finished, now I just have to get it in the post and it can start it's journey to the other side of the world.


9 comments:
Gorgeous Bee...I'm sure she'll be delighted with it xxx
It's lovely Bee - your friend will love it xxx
It's lovely Bee. Well done you!Also I love the Neil Diamond track - takes me back a bit! :)xxxxxx
Such a lovely keepsake - I'm sure your friend will love it
A stunning book Bee your friend will love i'm sure xx
it is gorgeous Bee
shazza
x
It's fantastic! The new owner will be delighted with it.
It certainly was worth all the head-scratching Bee - its lovely.
Oh she is going to be over the moon with that - it is just too cute!
Post a Comment