Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Take 4 beer mats

Every time I look at these beer mats they remind me of the saloon doors in an old Western film. So I decided to change them into pairs of doors.





I cut 3 beer mats in half and covered them with toning papers from K & Co. I then stamped small expressions on to the front of each door panel.



I added small embossed embellishments in matching colours to the back of each door and then edged each panel with Adirondack Espresso Acrylic paint dabber.



Using my Bind It All machine I bound the doors to a complete beer mat, using 1/2" wires. I punched a hole in the top of each door using my Crop-o-dile and knotted chiffon ribbonthrough each hole. A hole in the centre of the middle each of the front door panels was used to close the book with more chiffon ribbon.



All that remained to finish the book was more chiffon ribbon knotted to the wires at the front and a silver Bee charm. My little book was complete and hadn't taken very long to make. Another project I am quite happy with and I'll now make more in different colours.

6 comments:

Wacky Jacky said...

Absolutely love the new design of this book - given me some ideas!!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Beautiful Bee! xx

Karen said...

Very creative Bee, I shall have to look out for some nice shaped beermats xxx

Jo said...

Fantastic idea, I love it!

Shazza said...

I love this Bee, it is gorgeous
x

Wilma said...

and as the proud owner - I love it! and you have me addicted too Bee!