Sunday, 20 April 2008

CSF BIRTHDAY BOOKS

and finally my envelope for the last book I am participating in - The High Fivers "Blast from the Past" book.


I made a collage from some old sepia family photos and scanned it into my computer. I then printed the collage out on to silk and vellum. I really liked the silk printing as the ink had blurred slightly on the fabric and gave an older effect, I used the silk to cover the envelope with.





I decided that all my embellishments on this project would be in copper to keep in with the old feeling and edged the envelope with copper peel offs. I added a Joanna Sheen stamped fan (on vellum) and a couple of other small stamped images to the front of the envelope. A couple more completed the back of the envelope. The inside of the envelope is a rich chocolate brown so only need a stamped vellum image on the inside of the flap.

The insert - I added a few pieces of the vellum printed collage to the front and secured them with a piece of acetate and copper brads. One of the pictures is particularly old being of my husbands great grandmother, I mounted this behind a Joanna Sheen frame that I had stamped onto vellum and mounted it on to the acetate, just adding a couple more peel offs to complete the front.
On the reverse of the insert I mounted a piece of backing paper that I had 'aged' with distress inks, added a couple of peel offs and a few crystals to the corners. I then stamped a Victorian collage onto vellum and embossed with copper powder. I ripped the edges and chalked them, then added this to the back of the insert. My project was now completed.



9 comments:

Wacky Jacky said...

This is gorgeous Bee - sure you will have huge bets on your teams work!! xx Thanks for tag - that's the 2nd one today!!

Lesley said...

It is fab Bee - I love the way you have used all the old photos! xxx

Claireabelle said...

Wow Bee it's fabulous!!

Andrea said...

these are Stunning x

Angie C said...

Gorgeous Bee

Ann said...

Oh Bee these are so amazing & you're so very clever, just adore your work!! Wonderfully personal too xxx
So glad we're sisters!! xxx

Joy said...

Wow! Bee this is truly beautiful and should help get your team lots of bids - well done xx

Becky Sorensen said...

Beautiful!!

made by fifi said...

gorgeous bee xx