Sometimes the simplest things are the most effective. This Laura Ashley box had housed a perfume candle and has been sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks asking to be altered. It was a very pretty box to start with, a pale peach in colour with embossed cream flowers - but it had a few pieces of annoying print to spoil it.
I decided I only needed to disguise the printing so added a brown and pink ribbon around the base on to which I had fixed one of my Bee charms using a brad, and using a second brad to fix the ribbon into place. I then added a few pink and brown flowers over the main printing fixing them in place with contrasting large brads.
I made a hole in the centre of the lid and threaded a loop of pink ribbon with brown polka dots through a brown flower and the through the centre hole, fixing the ends of the ribbon to the underside of the lid. My box was completed and I am really pleased with it.
Here are a couple of other things that I've recently altered and are featured elsewhere on my blog - this was a little pink pail....
and this was a boring old clipboard.....


15 comments:
Oooh Bee, I love what you have done with your Laura Ashley box - very pretty indeed and I love the pink and chocolate colours. ... good enough to eat
They all look great Bee - I love the pink pail! xxx
All fab Bee, the bucket is just fab, the clipboard is ace and the box is pretty!
Clairexx
They all look absolutely fabulous Bee XXX
Great stuff!
Wow this is fabulous I love the LA Box and all the other bits - gorgeous :-)x
fantastic altering there Bee, goodness you are fab at varying your craft skills x
Great job with the candle box - amazing what you can do with a little well-planned altering!
Gorgeous stuff as always Bee xx
bee what a lovely idea , you are good in thinking outside the box ,
love the bucket too and the clipboard you are trully the queen of altering
Well done you ! Love the pink pail x
Great work Bee, I love the pink pail it's gorgeous. Maria x
gorgeous projects..:D
thank you for joining in with my alter it challenge...:D
Beautiful work! :)
Vanessa.
Oh Wow!!! These are gorgeous! Thanks for taking part. Maria x
Post a Comment