This card is much, much busier than my normal style but for once busy looked right - must be my temperature is addling my brain. I created the background using Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy and Aged Mahogany. I then misted it with Tattered Angels Antique Gold. I stamped my four modes or travel onto white card using VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Jumbo Java, tore the edges round the images and chalked the edges using a dark brown chalk. The card was divided into four quarters using thin brown ric rac secured with brass brads. The four images were mounted using 3d foam pads into the four sections. I stamped travel words using black Stazon in the spaces and then added 4 little travel images I'd stamped onto white card and cut out.
The card still looked a tad 'bare' so I tied on 4 pieces of coral shell using brown cotton and added a couple of highlights using crushed shells in creams and coral shades. Now was the time to step away or I would add too much and ruin the effect I was aiming for. I am quite pleased with this card and now just have to get my hands clean as it was quite messy to make.
7 comments:
this is Fab Bee what a great idea x
Wow Bee, what a fabby card hun, thanks for joinin in ....hope that you feel better very soon too xx
Such a great card Bee, love all the elements you have used
Fabulous X
Great card Bee xxx
great card, love it!!!
Really like this one Bee!!
Post a Comment