Thursday, 29 May 2008

Altered Canvas

I bought some blank canvases in The Works Clearance Sale and wanted to finish one to welcome my friend Jackie home from hospital. I tinted the background with Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters and Milled Lavender and then randomly stamped some Tim Holtz swirls in black Stazon. I stamped my Hero Arts Bird in a cage onto one corner and then onto a piece of tissue paper. I cut the tissue paper image out and glued it to the canvas. A couple of grungeboard swirls and a chip board J were coloured and added with a piece of ribbon across one corner. I hung 3 metal charms from the canvas and added some peridot and lavender crystals just to finish it off. I was pleased with the end result and thankfully Jackie loved it.


7 comments:

Shazza said...

love this canvas Bee, it is great
x

Lesley said...

Fab canvas Bee, and I love that bird stamp! xxx

Angie C said...

What a stunning canvas Bee. Love all the elements you have used and love the bird cage stamp.

made by fifi said...

gorgeous canvas xx

Minxy said...

Great canvas, i'm sure Jackie was thrilled, and i love the little touch of the gem ends to the florish, will have to borrow that idea lol xxx

Wacky Jacky said...

Absolutely love this canvas Bee and it was such a lovely surprise on my return from hospital. Have to say though, that it looks better in real life - its fabby!! Thanks.

Ann said...

Stunning Bee - love all the ickle elements & colour combo xxx