On the Paper Dolls we have a "BIG CHALLENGE" every two months and the challenge for July/August is 'Make a Book'. So for a change I decided to go for something useful and made a Birthday Book. The covers are mountboard and I played with inks in Aqua, Lilac and Blue to get my backgrounds. I think my hands ended up with more ink on than the covers. I then randomly stamped using my Tim Holtz flourish stamps and embossed them in silver. I wanted some texture so added areas of crushed shells and micro beads. I punched a row of holes top and bottom using my trusty crop-o-dile and twisted blue and lilac ribbons through and leaving bunches of the ribbons at the ends. The small charms were added to the top and once the book had been bound together using my Bind It All I knotted grosgrain ribbons through the rings. The words "My Birthday Book" were added using peel offs.
The insides of the covers were covered using aqua and lilac embossed card and I made a pocket across the bottom halves. A flower made using the same card was attached to each pocket and the word 'Quotes' was added to the front inside cover. I made six tags still using the same card and stamped a quote on each and tied ribbon through eyelets on the top. The tags were then slipped inside the pocket.
The front page of the book was again stamped and embossed using my TH flourish and a quote and a few stamped flowers completed the page.
The inside of the book consists of a page for each month with spaces to add notes on who has a birthday. I had already made these pages up on my computer for an earlier book and thankfully had saved the pages so all I had to do was to print them out and embellish with a couple of stamped flowers.
At the back of the book I added a section for anniversaries, on one page I stamped and embossed my cute cherub wedding stamps......
and on the facing page I listed all the main anniversaries and the gift for them.
The back inside page was stamped and embossed with quotes and the TH flourish.
19 comments:
Very Cute, Bee! I like that song...Chasing Pavements you have playing. I've never heard it before.
Gorgeous book Bee - alot of thought obviously went into this. Love it!! xx
fantastic book Bee - i wonder who the lucky 'Doll' will be lol!!!
Lovely book Beryl, such a lot of work you've put into it, now I wish I had a BIA it looks much better done that way methinks.
Chrissie
FABBY!!!! Love it Bee well done you xx
Fabby book you have made Bee - love all the different stamps you have used. It must have taken you ages to make it
It's amazing Bee, to celebrate i've given you an award
xx
Bee is so stunning , you just give me an idea for my project thanks :)
hugs
Joana
Bee - what an amazing book. it's stunning......lucky person whoever they are - Lol!! xx
PS hope you're well? sending hugs xx
Wow, I love this....and I have my very own special Bee designed one too!! am a very lucky girly xxx
Absolutely brilliant Bee, what a fab and useful gift :)
A beautifull book Bee xx
It's absolutely beautiful Bee
Wow what a great book Bee xx
this is gorgeosu Bee, how did you find time to fit this in with the wedding preparations?
I need calendar pages like that, must trawl for them
Shazza
x
Lovely book Bee. Well done! xxxxx
Great book, think i shall have to make time to do myself one of these as it looks like it would come in very handy with my forgetful brain lol xxx
This is fabulous Bee - great idea for a present too!
Bee, I just love what you have done with the Birthday Book, it's just what I need to think of doing to keep me on my toes, instead of all the pieces of paper on a pin board.
huggs
barbara xx
Post a Comment