Sunday, 3 May 2009

Baby Blessing Invites

Invites for Grace's baby blessing were a real delight to make. Starting with plain white cards I added a mat of pink pearlescent paper (Craft Creations) which I had edged (Fiskars punch) and I have used embossing paste in Shiney White (Dreamweavers) to emboss a teddy and rabbit on the bottom. I then added a 2nd card the front of which I had embossed (cuttlebug) and embellished using the words 'tiny blessings' (Cuttlebug) cut from pale green pearlescent paper (Craft Creations). The dots over the 'i' in both words is a tiny pale green crystal (Papi on ebay) and a pink crystal flower added to each end. A few pink metallic peel off dots (Craft Creations) broke up the plain dot pattern. A ribbon and bow was added to the side (Crafty Ribbons) just to complete the front.

Inside the 2nd card I have decoupaged pictures of angel babies with the words 'Heaven Sent'. For this I used a picture I already had but which was blue and yellow and altered the colours using My Craft Studio. A little Glamour Dust (DecoArt) on the wings and halo completed this part of the invite.
Finally for the insert I again used my main image and made a tiled background paper with My Craft Studio. The wording was printed onto the paper and I matted it onto the pale green pearlescent paper, the sides of which I had again punched.


As a finishing touch I added a tiny baby coat on a coat hanger to the front of the envelope using the embossing paste as before. My invitations are complete.



7 comments:

Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful Bee, a lovely keepsake of baby Graces' special day!! love your new look blog too!
xx

Joana24 said...

Is stunning Bee , love the scallop edge ( I have fiskars ion my wish list ), loving the new face lift
hpe you are enjoying your weekend
hugs
Joana

Unknown said...

Really really beautiful and I love your new look too by the way X

Marty said...

What a beautiful memory! Our Grace turned 5 on April 29. Where does that time go?

Wacky Jacky said...

Adorable card and very cleverly thought out - just what I would expect from you Bee! xxx

Debi-Lee said...

What a beautiful card and a special keepsake for Grace.

Debi x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card Bee, thanks for sharing how you made it too! x