Saturday, 10 April 2010

These are a few of my favourite things....

.......

A wooden letter

Some scraps of white card and paper

A piece of acetate

Oddments of ribbon

Some glitter

Random gems

Glue and sticky stuff

and my ink pads

and then I see what I can come up with.  A few days (well you have to wait for bits to dry) and several hours of working, crafting, fiddling, gluing my fingers, inking my fingers and a little bit of frustration when things proved difficult.........
and here is what I came up with.......





the butterflies were a new idea and consist of a double acetate image the top one of which has beadlings on the back, crystals on the wings and tiny beads down the centre.  The roses were made as the roses I have previously blogged but this time in miniature - boy were they fiddly and frustrating and very very sticky.  I added a few coils of my newly aquired covered wire to finish off the flowers.

I am quite pleased with the end result and I hope the friend I made it for likes it too.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Bee.
x

Crafty Ribbons said...

This has pride of place on my desk at home, it is fantastic and I love it. When I look at it, it makes me smile.

Thank you Ali x