Friday, 18 January 2008

Envelope Book

Having decided I wanted to make an envelope book I settled for a black and white theme. I used handmade papers that I bought from Costco ages ago to cover the covers and envelopes and used 6 DL envelopes for the pages. 3 of the envelopes were covered in black and silver paper with gunmetal paper lining them. The other 3 were covered in gunmetal paper with black and silver linings. The covers were covered in a plain black crinkled paper. They were all then bound together using my Bind It All machine.








I punched holes in the front and back covers with my cropodile and added silver eyelets just for interest. Then I cut out two sprays of lotus blossoms from a Papermania Paper Pack and glued these to the outside of the front and back covers. I printed out the cameo toppers from Joanna Sheen's Dancing With Shadows cd and mounted them on matt silver card. I felt that the overall effect needed a little lifting so decided to add some bright pink accents. Hence the ribbons on the front cover and ribbon tags on each page. Bright pink crystals were also added to the front and ribbon ties to the spine.




A final touch to the front cover was the addition of two butterfly charms. Inside the front cover I mounted a quote from a Joanna Sheen cd onto silver and black card and added a flower to the corner. Each envelope has a tag which has been painted with H2Os and dusted with Blonde Moments Pearl Pigments. I havent written on the tags yet as I am not sure what I am going to use the folder for. The tags were fixed with bright pink brads.













To my amazement I haven't used a single rubber stamp or any ink on this project, I am sure I will make up for it on the next one though :0)

2 comments:

shaz earl said...

it's beautiful well done xx

Wacky Jacky said...

What a great idea Bee - love it