I decided to alter the blank clipboard sitting in my drawer. I covered the board with brown and turquoise paper that I loved when I bought it ages ago and have been waiting for the perfect reason to use it. The big B was a push out piece from a baby frame I made and had been waiting for me to find a use for (now I only have to find a use for the A, the other B and the Y), and the nesting hearts are chipboard, I painted them all in Adirondack paint Dabbers in Sandal for the fronts and Espresso for the sides and edges. I then mounted a few of my favourite piccies behind them. Added some turquoise and brown ribbons and 2 deep turquoise tassels. A few charms and some crystals and I thought I was finished but I didn't like the space at the top so made a turquoise and brown tag and one of my favourite sayings "Sometimes on the way to our dreams, we get lost and find a better one." Then all I had to do was to paint the clip and decorate with some more ribbon and ink the edges of the board. This was a very satisfying project and I am quite pleased with the result.Thursday, 21 February 2008
A clipboard
I decided to alter the blank clipboard sitting in my drawer. I covered the board with brown and turquoise paper that I loved when I bought it ages ago and have been waiting for the perfect reason to use it. The big B was a push out piece from a baby frame I made and had been waiting for me to find a use for (now I only have to find a use for the A, the other B and the Y), and the nesting hearts are chipboard, I painted them all in Adirondack paint Dabbers in Sandal for the fronts and Espresso for the sides and edges. I then mounted a few of my favourite piccies behind them. Added some turquoise and brown ribbons and 2 deep turquoise tassels. A few charms and some crystals and I thought I was finished but I didn't like the space at the top so made a turquoise and brown tag and one of my favourite sayings "Sometimes on the way to our dreams, we get lost and find a better one." Then all I had to do was to paint the clip and decorate with some more ribbon and ink the edges of the board. This was a very satisfying project and I am quite pleased with the result.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
OMG, This is Stunning BEE!!! I love it!! :O))
Brilliant xx
i love it xx
Wow this is great Bee
That clipboard is gorgeous bee, thankyou for all the lovely comments you have left on my blog!
Clairexx
STUNNING!!!! I love it Bee xxx
Love it Bee - looks a bit different from the one you bought on Saturday!! lol
BEE is so beautiful love the colours you used :)
Love the pictures mounted in the apertures of the B - great stuff! the whole board looks fab, hope you've got somewhere great to show it off!
The board looks great! Love how you have the pics in the letters!
This is fab Bee!! xxx
Tis gorgeous!
Post a Comment