I've bought some unusual shaped beer mats - these were described as 'puddle' shape and I guess that is the best way to describe them.I covered the front of 4 of them with a pale green paper by K & Co and painted the backs with a couple of coats of pale green silk emulsion.
Then inked the edges with Versa Magic Chalk Ink in Jumbo Java.
I stamped word meaning stamps from Crafty Individuals on the painted sides, using the Jumbo Java again and then lightly stamped single flowers onto the remaining background.
I printed off 3 beautiful 1920s pictures from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique cds and cut them into the same puddle shapes and mounted them on to the papered sides on 3 of the mats.I punched a hole in the bottom of each mat and knotted green fibres through these.
The front page was embellished with a large decoupage butterfly and flower and a few phrases were lightly stamped on to the background paper.
To finish I punched a hole in the top of each mat with my crop-o-dile and threaded them on to a small book ring on to which I had knotted some brown fibres. My project was complete.
14 comments:
Stunning again Bee xx
Stunning Bee - I totally love what you have done XX
WOw, loving these different shapes Bee,....fab! :O))
This is lovely, I love what you have done with them She and the shape is so different
i really really love it 1 the shape is fab for a book isn't it?xx
Totally different look for beer-mats - love it!!
These are soooo gorgeous! Thank you for inspiring me to have a go at altering beermats!
Bee I love this book its so pretty :) xxx
Beautiful book Bee - and such an unusual shape too! xxx
Ooohhh, its fabulous!
Vanessa. :)
I love the shape its great and making a book with them it looks fab.
it is fabulous Bee, love the images
x
A totally stunning book Bee!!
Clairexx
Exquisite!! My fav...
Post a Comment