Thursday, 29 May 2008

Family Cards

My hands are still playing up but I have managed to make 3 family cards this week, I feel as if I am back on track at last. The first is for my d-i-l's birthday - the backing on this is actually silver although it looks blue. I think I have included everything Talya loves - crystals, glitter and pretty pretty. Her birthday is the same day as my son's so they have to have equally glamourous cards.



So this is Darren's card. As always I have made this in reverse - I start by picking a blank card I like, then complete all the background in this case the embossed panel, peel offs and crystals. Lastly I decide on the theme and central design. I know that's exactly the opposite to how you should work but it works for me so I'll carry on that way. It's also the perfect excuse for a huge craft stash - I always have just what I need to finish a card off - well it sounds like a good excuse to me.

Finally a card for their 3rd wedding anniversary next month. They collect porcelain cherubs and we have another one as their anniversary gift so the cherubs on this card seemed perfect. I haven't done any decoupage for ages so it was a welcome change.

9 comments:

Shazza said...

three beautiful cards Bee, bet they love them all
x

Lesley said...

Beautiful cards Bee xxx

Angie C said...

Great cards Bee and love the embossing too

made by fifi said...

gorgeous cards - bet they will all love them xx

Wacky Jacky said...

all 3 cards are gorgeous Bee - sure they will love them all. xx

Angelnorth said...

Talya's card is indeed very glamorous! Three lovely cards here, they'll love them!

Tracey said...

Lovely cards Bee, love the lady stamp too.

Joana24 said...

they look gorgeous Bee love the embossing in the cards

Ann said...

Both stunning cards Bee & the embossing is fab!! xxx