OWOH 2010 is over and all the giveaways have been selected, 1088 people took part and covered 40 countries but it proved to me what a small world it is and as you all know from a previous post I am a great believer in bershert - what is meant to be will be. As the comments came in for my four giveaways one immediately stood out from a lady called Donna who suffered as I do with arthrites in her hands and arms and I could empathise with her problems, the post stuck in my mind. I also noticed several people whose name started with the letter B remarked how my letter B would be ideal for them - I hoped that perhaps the letter would go to someone whose name started with a B. Time came for the draw, numbers selected by Random Number Generator, and as I started to count through the comments the number for my little book was Donna (spooky or what) and the number for the letter B was for Barbara (double spooky now), then the quote plaque number was for Lesleyanne and when she emailed me with her addy I found I knew her - we were both on CSF some time ago - I haven't come up with a link for Geni yet but you never know.
Then came the 4 items I won in draws - a beautiful crocheted heart from Ket - no I dont know her but although she isn't Jewish she is married to a Jew and what an inspiring blog she has and that in turn linked to her OH's blog and his essays and writings are so inspiring. Pretty earrings from Wendy - I haven't come up with a link there yet either. Then an altered bean tin from Minxy who is my friend Nicky and who I know well. Finally I've just heard that I won a bracelet from Pike in Finland and look forward to meeting up with her again next year at OWOH.
Now bearing in mind all of these draws are totally random it does make you stop and think. I also listed a matchbox swap the other day which Jan answered only for us to discover we live about 12 miles away from each other and we both make cards etc for the same ribbon supplier. The world has suddenly become a much smaller place and if it is bershert then it will be.
10 comments:
That's amazing Bee, you're so right, the world certainly is a very small place xxx
You also won on my blog - I'll send you an email :)
It certainly is a small world Bee!!
Jan x
Hey I couldn't find your email... I drew two extra names, so you can choose a bracelet or a mini heart pillow or a scissors fob - please let me know. You can also choose a new different colour :)
Can you please send me also your mailing address! This was great fun; maybe we'll meet again next year.
pirjo.kallioniemi(at)yahoo.com
Congrats on your wins hun... and THANK YOU for what you wrote on my blog...bless you xxxx
i was so pleased too have found your blog Bee
have had fun looking through it and seeing what wonderfull thinge you have created
winning the wall plaque is just fantastic
hugs lesley xx
Thank you for your kind words :-) Husband was very pleased :-)
I haven't got a mail from you yet, and cannot send you your heart :-(
Hi Ket - I left my details on 2 of your blogs, if you havent got them please email me at bee1946@hotmail.com and I'll email you back.
xx
Wasn't OWOH wonderful??
I stopped by to say thank you for entering my OWOH giveaway (I was giving away the custom tutu and the oatmeal soaps). Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, there were over 200 entries! How exciting is that?? Well, I do love your blog so I'm a follower now! If you get a chance, check mine out and follow me if you like what you see.
Sadie@
nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com
Congratulations to all the winners Bee & well done on your winning too!!
It was a wonderful experience which I hope will be repeated next year :0)
Hugs.
Ann xx
Post a Comment