Monday, 8 February 2010

Tzedakah Boxes

Tzedakah boxes (charity boxes) can be found in all Jewish households and it is tradition to put money in them before Shabbat each week.  Now that Mya has started pre-school we want her to understand more of the traditions so I have made two tzedakah boxes for her and Grace - one to be kept here and one for them at home.  I bought two blank wooden money boxes and this is the one for the girls to take home.



the one to be kept here had to go with the decor though so this is what I came up with.






9 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful boxes Bee, Mya & Grace will be delighted with them!! I love the one you're keeping at home! A lovely tradition too xx

Marty said...

A great thing for a Grandma to do. I know that's an important job for grandparents, to keep traditions alive.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

The boxes are Great...I too love the one you are keeping at home...I think it is important to teach children the traditions...Too many get lost along the way....

Wacky Jacky said...

Absolutely gorgeous money boxes Bee - they are very lucky little girls! xx

TinaB said...

stunning boxes xx

Joana and family said...

wow Bee they afre so stunning like both . they are two very lucky girls to have a very wonderful grandma
hugs
Joana

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally gorgeous boxes Bee...and how lovely to keep traditions going for your little ones xx

Minxy said...

Oh these are jsut adorable Bee, especially the second one, what paint/colour did you used as the crackle is awsome x

Bee said...

Hi Mixy - Adirondack Hazelnut for the base colour and then plain old everyday magnolia emulsion paint for the top. Sometimes those crackles come out well and others not at all.