there is actually a work-in-progess on my desk this morning. I have been busy making charity cards for the past couple of weeks and after managing 83 of the 100 - 150 I want to make I was beginning to get a bit punch drunk so decided yesterday a little play time was needed. So ordered a few bits and pieces from Ranger and Martha Stewart and then hunted in my altered art drawer to something to play with. Ta da - 4 matchboxes. I love making matchbox boxes and if only someone could tell me what to do with the spare matches (polite answers on a postcard please) I'd be very happy. The matchboxes have been prepped and the actual box is covered and ready to go, now all I have to do is decide on a theme and style. I may be a organised nerd as far as my room and and stash goes but my crafting is a totally different thing. I never start with a definate idea of what the end product is going to look like, I just wing it. I hunted through my (now beautifully organised) folders of backing card and came up with this delicious milky coffeee coloured card with gold embossing and I was off.
I've also selected a Tilda stamp for the centre of the lid and picked out a set of nestabilities for my backing cards. I even rummaged and found some idea-ology tokens but not sure if they will feature or not. I've cut some flowers, butterflies and a lace border and they are all sitting on my mat very damp after being coloured with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress inks and sprayed with Gold Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist and as they have now dried (I took the photos before bed last night) I can now spend a few hours playing today. Not sure if any of the ribbons draped over my spritzer rack will feature but have them there ready just in case. Now hopefully at some time over the next week there will be photos of the finished box on here, but my desk could look exactly the same when you call back next week - depends on if the mood (and inspiration) goes in the right direction.
Have a really good Wednesday and loads of fun nosing around everyone's desks.


32 comments:
Hi Bee
First of all, Wow at all those Charity cards you have made!! Well done!
Matchboxes!! (Definately have my full attention now!! LOL) Can't wait to see the finished creation!
Oh Bee, I've nominated you for an award on my Blog
Jan x
Well done on making so many cards!
Oh that's alot of cards in one focus! Well done you. A little time off seems very well earned, love the look of what you're doing. No idea about the matchsticks - perhaps consider a matchbox die soyou can cut your own? I know, too sensible, right?
Thats a lot of cards to make, and all for charity too, amazing! x
It sounds like we are a lot alike. Total neat freaks, but no clear thought when starting a new project.
I've been giving those extra matches a thought. There's some kind of match art from the 1920s or 30s and it was started by the hobo community in the US. Some of it was pretty awesome. I saw it in a museum display once.
I'm proud of you making all those charity cards. You have a pat on the back from me. Have a great WOYWW.
I love how bright and happy your workspace loves - such a lovely place to be working in!
Congratulations on making all those cards for charity. lovely tidy desk.
Elaine
What a great thing to do for charity - you are amazing!
xx
A big well done on making all those cards and for a good cause, and I think I am doing well cause I have made about 8 this week!
Linbyx
Hey Bee...I LOVE YOUR DESK!!!! It is really sturdy looking and so divine, I need one like that :O)) First of all...well done on making 83 cards, I would have stopped at 8 LOL Secondly.. I have the same probs with matches... I had three cooks matches boxes full of the blighters and spent an hour striking them all so I could bin them.. BUT.. I do remember the 1970's hobby of making ships from matches, an old friend of my Dad used to make intricate ships .. more like Galleons... but... would you really want to spend all that time sticking them together LOL Can't think of anything else to do with them other than stick them all next to each other on some mountboard and then paint over them and you have a textured background... blimey, I need to sit down now after using that much brain power ROFL Have a great day hunny x
Wonderful matchbox project Bee. Nothing like getting some new goodies to have a play hehehe Well done on making all those cards ;-)
Anne xx
Congratulations on all your charity cards you have made that is brill, lovely tidy space, have good day, sue,x
Well done on making all those charity cards. Kathleen x
so many charity cards, I'd never have the patience for that. Well done!
wow so many cards made, go you! i could never commit to making that many. Look forward to seeing your matchbox project finished. If you find out what to do with matches let me know. I have 3 huge bags full from my anniversary project.
Great space Bee xxx
Well done on all your cards and I can't wait to see your matchbox box!
The charity cards are wonderful.
And your work space? Oooooh, I need to tidy up some this weekend - yikes!
I'm playing along this week for WOYWW. Won't you stop by when you get a chance?
Have an art-filled day today!
Well done for making sooo many charity cards, that's fantastic. Love the sound of your decorated matchbox, can't wait to see the finished artwork. Tracy Evans x
Well, strike a light :-)
Well done on all your charity cards.
A x
Great effort Bee - hope they make loadsa money!
The charity cards are wonderful and love your work space
Oh my goodness ... 83 cards and a tidy desk ... bet you wear your underpants over your tights too don't ya :0)
Good for you for making so many cards, and I love making matchboxes too, have a great day!
oh wow love your work space,i so love pine furniture,and well done on so many cards,hun hugs cheryl xxxxx
How can you be so productive and be soooo tidy at the same time.
Now the matches ....how about dyeing or staining them and covering a lid or box top so it looked like a miniture wooden floor effect... well I tried lol
now forgive me if this makes me sound stupid, but do you really buy matches for the matchboxes... don't you make your own... you do make your own really... don't you????
I save boxes from packaging of all sizes then flatten them to use as patterns for a box i might need for something... tablet boxes are good as these are all different shapes and sizes... your project looks exquisite so far.
Paula x x x
Love the box.
Cath
Wow thats a lot of cards! your desk is so tidy! Joey.x
wonderful for you to be making cards for charity! lots of pictures on google images for matches used in art, depending on how patient you are.
You could take up matchstick model making, LOL. Well done on making so many charity cards!!
Wow lots of cards, well done.
Love the idea of the match box, would love to see the finished item next week.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Can x
Post a Comment