hi peeps, well the journey has begun and the idea is to make an Art Journal all about me. Now Art Journals are meant to be journals that you have carried around with you and filled at odd times and using your own art to complete. This as most of you know is completely out of my comfort zone as I like neat and organised not messy and inky so apologies in advance to Kirsty as I wont be following the class exactly I will have to put my own slant on things. Some of the pages will be pretty much as Kirsty designed others will be completely different. But to me that is all part of the journey, not to copy but to take the ideas and use them to make my style of art. So you start out with a blank Moleskine journal and the journey begins.
The journal sent to me was in the kraft colour and I am sorry but I really couldn't bear to put a coffee mug ring on the cover. However I did let it get a bit messy - for me that is. Ok here is the completed cover and I am happy with it which is what it is all about.
Now for some details…
I have inked the sides of my cover with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy and the then sprayed some Graphite Tattered Angels spray on, added a few drops of Merlot Tattered Angels spray. The tag was aged in the same way but I then wanted to roughen the edges to age the tag a bit more, trouble was I didn’t have one of those Tim Holtz roughie thingies. After a moments thought I broke a wooden lolly stick in half and attacked the edges of the tag with the rough edges of the lolly stick – it worked well. I similarly aged the words ME in my MoleskinE and randomly glues them to the tag. I didn’t have a suitable colour of raffia so coloured a white piece with my Brushed Corduroy stamp pad. It still lacked something but couldn’t bring myself to add a coffee mug ring as suggested in the class. Instead I stamped a ticket and aged it – I thought the word ART on the ticket was apt for my ‘Art’ Journal and that the ‘ADMIT ONE’ was just right as there are going to be hidden parts in the journal for the eyes of my sons only. I then aged a grunge key as the book will be unlocking the inner me. My cover is complete and I must now just leave it alone and not spoil it.
Now I can enter into my journal and continue the journey through my pages.

2 comments:
Looks great...love the key! x
Love this
Post a Comment