Thursday, 30 June 2011

Me in my MoleskinE Part 2

and so the journey continues inside my journal and decisions have been made.  I want my journal to be filled with important facts and secrets, to contain important unknown parts of my life, to show the real me and not the me on the surface.  So I have decided mainly stick to the style of the 20 pages but to make the themes more meaningful to me.  Thus my first page goes back to the beginning and me as a baby.  Here is that first page..


Ok how did I do it??  Firstly I splodged (thats a very technical term) Adirondak acrylic paint in Pool across the top with a baby wipe, I then added a few touches of the same make of paint in Pearl to give little bits of silver cloud - this being because I believe every cloud has a silver lining.  A piece of book print across the bottom and the flower stem and leaves cut from cream cardstock and coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peeled Paint.  I die cut the flower using my Cuttlebug and inked the cut edges with (you guessed it) Frayed Burlap.  I then stuck the flower onto double sided tape to keep the cut edges together and stuck it onto my page.  I used a journalling pen to write round the spiral of the flower journalling a couple of well known facts about me.  I added two of the prompts from the kit and answered those on the left hand side.  Finally I inked the edges of the page again using Frayed Burlap (now know as FB for speed).

You can just see a piece of cream card with scrolls stamped on the top - between the pages are pockets and in each page goes a tag with some more personal journalling meant only for the eyes of my sons.

Oh and on the inside cover is a Glassine envelope in which is a tag bearing my name and the date I created the journal.  To the front of the tag I added the words "I AS IN ME, MY & MINE".

I have so enjoyed making this page - it brings back so many memories and is part of my history.  More pages will have to wait now until the weekend.

2 comments:

kerry said...

Bee this sounds great fun-lovely to see T!m's distress creeping in to your crafting :-). If this is you out of your comfort zone wowzer your great out of it x x

Jayne C said...

This is so pretty!! I love it xx