Tuesday, 4 May 2010

...and you've guessed it...

MORE FLOWERS

I've been playing again and these are the more successful ones - a few did hit the bin.

This first one was made using a new set of rubber stamps which gives you the layers to build up a rose.

I then played around cutting petals freehand in 3 different sizes cutting 5 of each (I always find odd numbers look better) and I dont know about you but I thought this was more of a water lily.


Next I cut loads of 'wispy' bits of card and five small circles.  Then by one of those weird coincidences I had cut 30 wisps and 5 circles (no counting or measuring involved before hand) so I glued 6 wisps to each circle and then layered these up, I think of this one as a dahlia.


Finally I started to play with some circle nestabilities with a zig zag edge.  I cut the 3 smallest sizes from hammered card and lightly rubbed a stamp pad over the surfaces

then I cut into each circle between the zig zags

amd having flicked some of the pieces with my finger nail I ended up with this

which is so far nameless.

Watch out for more ideas coming your way shortly.

xx

3 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous flowers Bee!

Gillian said...

Beautiful flowers Bee, is the top one which you stamp a Papermainia stamp set?

Bee said...

Hi ladies - yes Gillian it is the Papermania set.

It makes a lovely flower, just a little bit fiddly to cut out but worth it.

xx