Sorry I was AWOL last week, didn't even realise it was Wednesday. A big thank you to you all for the good wishes for my d-i-l, thankfully she is back at work today.
Ok on to my desk, my mojo seems to have left town so for the past couple of weeks I have been reorganising and now I merely have to turn round to find things and they are a lot better organised. I have some stamped images waiting on my desk - some I have already coloured with my Promarkers and some are waiting to be coloured. I have turned one into a shaker card topper - don't even know why as I dont like shaker cards but if it inspires me and gets my mojo back then I'll change my mind. So have started to get out the bits and pieces I need to make my card and will post it later when I have hopefully finished it.
The major reorganisation started when I needed a certain colour backing card and could not be bothered to search through all the boxes that were pushed in under my desk - honestly it was a major job looking for one piece. So in a fit of temper I pulled the whole lot out and sorted them into styles and colours, but then surrounded by all these piles of card what the heck was I going to do with them, I couldn't put them back in the cardboard boxes as other half was in recycling mode and had already ready gone over to the recycling centre with them. I finally hit on putting them in plastic sleeves in a ring binder so dashed off to Sainsburys for the sleeves and 2 binders - daft me, an hour later I went back for two more binders as I was finding more and more A4 card. Yes I know one of the binders isn't labelled yet, that's because I found even more paper at the weekend and binder number 5 appeared. I even found some neat Cropper Hoppers to keep my 6 x 6 and 8 x 8 papers in and yes they are all filed alphabetised and in colours and styles (such a nerd I know) and my A5 card again in colour order in the boxes on the right. The boxes at the front are some of my ribbon boxes, they were plain white until I had a little play.
I plan on doing some blog hopping this evening and will enjoy having a nose round all your craft tables, this morning I am off to see my s-i-l's new puppies - they are nearly 3 weeks old now and if I dont go today I wont get another chance until they are much bigger. Our westie Harley has ruptured his cruciate ligament and if having a big op next week and then will need to be kept in a cage for 6 weeks for it to heal so I wont be able to get out much - the plan is lots of crafting while I help him recover, he's used to being covered in glue and glitter so he wont mind.
Enjoy your week ladies.
xx
47 comments:
excellent storage ideas.
my word verification is duckyda - how mad is that!
Stunning boxes and what a super organised desk! Happy WOYWW anniversary! x
Now that is one organised desk! Hope Harley is on the mend soon...
wow so organised, love the system, please come do my paper lol
Oh my, Bee, you have been busy - it usually takes a hissy fit to get me into the tidying and organising mode; and it's so nice to be able to go to the right colour, I do not regret it at all!! Love your squirt bottle holder on your desk there.
Poor Harley - that sounds very painful.
What a lovely tidy desk! Mine is jacklizem! Patsy from
HeARTworks
Wow love your wee decorated creations...mind im poartial to making cute boxes too!Have great wednesday
hugs judex
oh my..you are soooo organized, and i love love love it! I think I'm drooling on my desk lolol
Your desk is stunning, clean and VERY tidy! So impressed. I have a filing cabinet for all the paper, but sadly it is now in the wrong place, but it will be relocated in July when i do a big sort out! Leandra
Lovely storage boxes on your desk.
A x
Beautiful boxes!
xx
So organized ...love the ribbon boxes
Fabulous storage boxes all looking very pretty.
Lovely workspace , and those boxes look so pretty.:0)
Kate x
Love your ribbon boxes Bee ;o) ooh so organised now eh. Ah poor Harley, it won't be nice for him being cooped up for so long, still as long as he's with his mummy it won't be so bad and getting covered in glitter, what more could he ask for hehe
Anne xx
My boxes are sadly neglected and unorganised .. yours look brill!
Hugs x
Great storage and I don't think you can ever be too organised, I'm a nerd too!
How nice it feels to be organised and what an organised desk you have. Great idea for your card stock and your ribbon boxes are lovely, again a clever idea.
Tracey
Such a calm and tidy work space and those boxes are so pretty!
I love your bright and organised desk and the idea for storing paper in those folders is brilliant, bet you feel better now you have it all organised! Have a great week! Tracey x
oh you're soooo tidy, I wish I was and thank you, but my turntable will be turned into a bird feeder!! It did look far better in my head! Have a crafty day!!
((Lyn))
Thanks for sharing, love your storage.
A dream come true!!!
What a beautifully organised space, wonderful storage ideas and all in all a lovely place to craft. Tracy Evans x x
These boxes look pretty fab to me!
Love Dawn x
well done on being so organised with the storage. sorry to hear about your westie - I had one for nearly 16 years so have a bit of a soft spot for them.
Linbyx
Your desk looks beautifully organised now :-)
Fingers crossed that Harley has an uncomplicated op and recovery.
oooh gorgeous boxes, so pretty!!! have a great day xxx
Woohoo, you are so organised now, it all looks great and your ribbon boxes are lovely.
Nicki, xx
What a fabulously organised desk ... great work Bee and just right for a party too ... we shall all be over shortly :0)
Will definitely be having a pinch of that ribbon box idea-although my Carte d'or boxes do a similar job they don't look anywhere near as good as yours. Sympathise with your paper storage problems. I use a rough colours of the rainbow system for my A4 and keep them in freezer bags that I buy in bulk from a local packaging place. I label them with colour and an idea of the weight if I don't know it. Problems start when I buy kits-to split or not to split.Problems problems. Hugs BettyXXX
Wish you would come and organise my storage Bee. What a lovely tidy desk and such pretty boxes.
Debi x
Wow Bee - you have done yourself really proud with the organising you've done... isn't it liberating to get stuff sorted out - well done... filling 5 files doesn't surprise me... I've learned a lesson when buying storage - always buy at least two more that you estimate you need... terrible to go back and they have run out of what you need and you have everything co-ordinating!!!
Paula x x x
What a beautiful desk love how it's all organized and matchy matchy :)
hugs Nikki
Yep your a neat freak too :P
I hope Harley is on the mend soon and feeling better. Your boxes are just gorgeous and your organizational skills are terrific.
HugsXX
Barbara
oh wow stunning boxes and what a brilliant desk just love it hugs cheryl xxxxxxx
Fab boxes and that space puts mine to shame!
What a fabulous work area so tidy!! Loving these bos's they are all so wonderfully different! Chanelle xx
Fab boxes and your desk looks great. ikki x
So organised. What pretty boxes. Kathleen x
forgot to say yesterday - don't fret - I didn't leave my purse behind... I literally took the pic, grabbed the purse and camera then blogged it all when I arrived at my friends... I did forget the card reader tho - but fortunately, my friend rescued the day as her laptop has a cardreader on it.
Thanks for your comments
Paula x x x
I like to be organised too so don't fret, you're among friends! Hope Harley recovers well, can't imagine having to keep the poor mite in a cage for 6 wks to let him heal, good luck with that!!
Brenda
Ooh love your desk - and your organising!! Sometimes think that's as much fun as actually creating something - storage and organising! Like playing post offices as a little girl!! Juliexx
Gorgeous boxes Bee & I've just seen your finished card. STUNNING!
Glad your D-I-L is on the mend.
Nice to call by your blog.xx
Oh my, you are very organised arn't you.. but it does feel good knowing where stuff is doesn't it x
those gorgeous little boxes are simply divine! loving your workspace too xx
lovely to be organized. cute cute boxes.
Post a Comment