Monday, 10 March 2008

Sunday Stampers Challenge Week 7













The theme for this week's Sunday Stampers challenge is Oriental - one of my faves. After a bit of head scratching I decided to 'alter' a jigsaw set. I painted the jigsaw pieces using Adirondack Dabber in Hazelnut.











I used a Whispers brush pen in dark blue to tint the edges of the pieces and to ink my stamps. I then stamped both sides of each piece using whole or part images from Woodware's "Oriental Ladies' collection".











All I had to do now was to thread some beads, bells and charms onto gold thread and add these together with a cream silk tassel to the book ring and my project was complete.



However I had stored away in the back of my brain (usually never to be seen again) the idea of making some Moos and Skinnies and decided to make a set of four Moos using the same set of stamps and here is the result.

















I started cutting my 4 pieces out from an old beer mat. I covered one side of each using a sheet from an Art & Crafts Direct Oriental Bloc's, making sure that when they were set out the design matched. I cut out the pieces and then covered the other sides using a different sheet from the same block. I had to make sure that the backing papers matched when the pieces were turned over and this time I didn't cut the pieces out yet as I realised they would be easier to stamp a matching design in one sheet. I then stamped out my 'scene' using the Woodware Oriental Ladies stamps again using black StazOn.











I turned the whole thing over and stamped a different scene on the other side. I then cut my tiles out and inked the edges using a VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Jumbo Java. All that was left to do was add two small pieces of red ribbon and two coin charms. Another project completed and a happy crafter here. I will definately be making more Moo sets, they are fun.

9 comments:

Wiggles Towers said...

WOW they are lovely, wiggles xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous ...love both of these wonderful works of art...thanks for joinin in hun...Hels xx

Fae said...

Love the jigsaw and the Moos are fab!

shaz earl said...

Brilliant Bee xx

Wacky Jacky said...

Really like them all but, particularly the jig-saw one!! xx

Meredith said...

What awesome projects!! I really love the jigsaw puzzle project.....I just might have to give that a try ;)
Thanks for the inspiration

Angie C said...

Wow Bee, your jigsaw and moos are fabby.

Karen said...

Love your work Bee xxx

Jo said...

FAB, The altered jigsaw is amazing :o)