While shopping in Sainsbury's this morning I found these cute little childrens' buckets/pails. Made in metal and standing about 6" tall they were just asking to be 'altered'. So I bought a green and a pink one and came home and set to work. Guess who is going back next week for some more - at just 99p each they will make fab little carriers for all sorts of pressies.
I decided to alter the green one first - mainly because I had everything I needed - it's amazing what bits and pieces you find when you start rummaging through your craft stash. I used a few rub ons I had left over from last spring for decorating the body of the pail. Then I used my crop-o-dile to punch four holes around the top - cro-o-diles make my life so much easier. I knotted different green and yellow ribbons through the holes.
I then knotted some ribbons round the handle, added a daffodil pin that my husband brought home last week from one of the charities that sell pins for a pound in the supermarkets. Finally added a plastic sun that had come on flowers I'd received at Mothers Day and my pail was finished just waiting to be filled. Not sure what I am going to use this one for but I will think of something, meanwhile it can sit on my windowsill and cheer me up. I need to but some pink and chocolate coloured ribbons and rub ons for the pink pail which I plan of filling with choccies for my d-i-l.

11 comments:
Brilliant, I love it :o)
Love your blog Bee, have added it to favourites! :0) xx
Wow!!! it's gorgeous Bee xx
Your blog is fantastic, and i really love your bucket, lovely spring colour.
How lovely Bee - I love that green! xxx
This is really super - what a great idea, Sainsbury's here I come!!
Love what you have done with the bucket Bee ... I think Sainsbury's will be getting a visit LOL
Fabulous Bee!!! Absolutely gorgeous ickle bucket and a great idea ^.^
your buckets look great Bee!!
I hope you don't mind but I have tagged you... go to my blog & see what its all about!!
x
Rima
I love your bucket!!
Clairexx
fabulous - i'm going to sainsbury's tomorrow - happily for once i think lol xx
Post a Comment