Sunday, 16 March 2008

TABBED JOURNAL

The blank Tabbed Journal came from Beyond The Page and was made of heavy duty wood board, a real pleasure to work with.
I started by covering both sides of each page with paper from PaperHeartStudio's Espresso Collection - my colour theme for the book was now set. I then rubbed Gold Leaf rub'n'buff around the edges of each page. The scroll on the front cover and the journal tab are Grungeboard from Tim Holtz again using the rub'n'buff and the gold accents were cut from some gold paisley card. Teal and burgundy coloured fibres and ribons were knotted onto each book ring.



The other three boards were wrapped with ribbon from DCWV Once Upon a Time Prince range and I used my Hero Arts 'Meanings' stamps to put a message on each board - Love, Create & Memories.




I added a pocket to the back of each of these boards using a range from K & Co . A few butterflies and scrolls and a coloured Grungeboard key completing these.
On the tabs on the front side of the boards I added chipboard letters which had been coloured with the rub'n'buff and spelling out 'l o v e' on the back I repeated this but spelling out 'l i v e '
All that remained was to spell out my name in chipboard and add a couple of hearts. My journal is now complete. I've added blank white pages so it is ready to use, but what do I use it for? I think the plan will be to scrapbook special photos on some pages and to journal special memories on others, then I have the 3 little pockets to add something extra special to - I'll be keeping this journal on my bedside table.

19 comments:

Joana24 said...

wow Bee love your journal
looks fantastic

Lois E. said...

Wow! Very ornate and detailed! Great Job!

Sisterhood 14 new member

Anonymous said...

Love it! Well done you! :-) xxxx

Jo said...

WOW!!! Another stunning creation :o)

Tonya Klar said...

This is leaving me speechless! It is so unique! Very beautiful.

Andrea said...

this is fantastic Bee xx

Claireabelle said...

It's fab Bee, well done
xx

Angie C said...

Wow Bee this is so stunning, I love it

Hels Sheridan said...

OWOWOWOWOW, this is truly stunning!! Hugs xxx

Shazza said...

fabulous work Bee, I love those papers, haven't seen them before. Enjoy using your journal
x

made by fifi said...

fab fab fab book - love it xx

Karen said...

Wow, absolutely stunning xxx

Fae said...

That's a gorgeous book! Love the papers you've used on it.

Wiggles Towers said...

WoW l love it, wiggles xx

Anonymous said...

WOW, its fabulous!

Vanessa.

Nicola said...

Wow Bee , that journal is fabby , must get my BIA out again !!

Ann said...

WOW!WOW!WOW!.......Stunning Bee, absolutely gorgeous, love it xxx

Gayle said...

Hi Bee

I'm sooo jealous, this journal is 'to die for' I'm still struggling with the whole 'altered art' thing!!!
Envious...
Gayle x

Wacky Jacky said...

Great journal Bee and love the colours.