...I know some are asking how I got on - well the answer is fine. After over 4hours of surgery I was sent home 2 hours later admittedly with a list of do's and don'ts and a couple of boxes of heavy sedation but I was just relieved to be back home. I'm in plaster and bandages from my toes to my knee and not really allowed to do much at all but it is amazing how we women can improvise a bit and still manage to get things done whilst following the doctors orders, I even managed a little ironing last night. Despite all the warnings of terrible pain to be expected I haven't had any, in fact only took the pain tablets for 24 hours. It's a bit sore now but I am putting that down to the bones all knitting and healing. Back to the hospital next Tuesday and I will be begging and pleading for a walking plaster - would get down on my knees to beg but that's not possible at the moment - not sure I'll get a lot of joy but you dont know if you dont ask.
The only snag is I cannot sit at my craft desk at the moment but am going to have a try at the weekend as it is piling up with stuff coming in from my craft group girls. However I am not entirely wasting my time and have managed to knit a cardigan for Mya and a scarf for myself. A big thank you to all who have been asking how I am and for all the beautiful cards - I will get round to emailing people soon. I am sure my recovery is going so smoothly as I have so many people on my side, thank you each and every one of you. Hopefully normal service will be resumed very soon and I'll have stuff to blog but for now I'll leave you with a photo of my pal who watches nervously every time I try out my crutches......
1 comment:
Harley looks like he's watching over you. Chloe does that when the grandkids come to stay. She gets the same look on her face.
Post a Comment